Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Philippians Ch. 1 - I Quit Christianity

So, I'm reading through Philippians and I come across these verses.

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:4-6

Thinking on this made me reflect on the greatness of what God does. As Christians, we need God to glorify God. That's an confusing and wonderful thought. Too often, I take on the responsibilities that belong to God. Somewhere along the journey the line between His duties and mine get blurry in my mind and I rely on self. Like recently, I realize I don't pray nearly enough. This is because I'm not thinking about how much I need God. Without His working in my life, I won't be able to accomplish the things I am supposed to do (at least not in the way I'm supposed to do them). So, in a sense I am trying to quit the Christianity that I have been practicing. I'm learning to see more and more my own dependence upon God who assures me He will finish what He starts.

No comments: